Protection of personal data

As part of your care, the health professional or the health institution manages your medical file containing personal data. Your file is computerized, the recorded information is reserved for the use of the service(s) concerned and can only be accessible to personnel who are bound by professional secrecy. The health professional or the health institution uses, among others, MSSanté, the healthcare secured messaging system,Terr-eSanté the web portal of communication and services, developed by the Regional Health Agency, to securely exchange your personal data – including health data- with other duly authorized health professionals who are involved in your medical care.
Your medical record and your administrative record are, each of them, a personal data processing, for which Saint-Joseph Hospital Foundation is the data controller.

The data processing located in your medical record has for purposes predictive medicine, medical diagnosis, medical care or treatment regarding you. The purposes of the data processing included in your administrative record is the benefit and care covered by health insurance and additional insurance.

The processed data are those related to your health condition and those which are strictly required for you administrative and medical cares. Data recipients are the duly authorized health professionals. Your health data are saved in the active data base during 5 years from your last examination. The health data will then be securely archived for a legally set term. Your administrative data will be also archived for a duration set by law.

You have a right of access, correction, limitation and erasure, you can wield:
• By e-mail :
• By mail : Fondation Hôpital Paris Saint-Joseph, Délégué à la Protection des Données – 185 rue Raymond Losserand – 75674 Paris cedex 14

You also have a right to lodge a complaint before the National Commission for Data Protection (CNIL) by writing to:
3 place Fontenoy – TSA 80715 – 75334 Paris cedex 07 or by phone at 01 53 73 22 22 or through the Commission website :